Texas A & M’s Behavior Analysis Programs
Texas A&M University appears in our ranking of the 20 Most Affordable Online ABA Graduate Certificate Programs.
Texas A & M University offers an Applied Behavior Analysis Certificate, a graduate-level certificate that leads to certification through the Behavior Analyst Certification Board. In addition to the certification program, there are also Master’s in Education and Master’s of Science in Special Education degrees that incorporate behavior analysis along with coursework helpful for those interested in working with the disabled. All of these programs are available online for the needs of students with busy schedules.
Some of the courses that make up this program include Single Case Research, Applied Behavior Management in the Classroom, and Prevention, Support, and Intervention for Students with Emotional and Behavior Problems. Unique features of these programs include preparation to teach students with diverse instructional needs, relevant research skills, and intervention for a variety of problems that teachers might face in the classroom. Some of the benefits that graduates of this program will gain include a better foundation for working across diverse groups that have special education needs, and a better understanding of how to address those needs.
About Texas A & M University
Texas A & M University was the first public university in Texas, opening in 1876. Today, the university is one of the most research-intensive institutions of higher learning, with satellite campuses in Qatar, Mexico, and Costa Rica, the school has an international focus. U.S. News and World Report ranks Texas A & M at 8th in its Best Value Schools list of public universities.
Texas A & M University is dedicated to providing students on the autism spectrum or living with disabilities. The Disability Resources office at the university provides coordination for accommodations, assistive technology, and other aids that students need to succeed when living with physical or other challenges.
Texas A & M University Accreditation Details
Texas A & M University features accreditation from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This accreditation body provides accreditation for schools in Texas and nine other Southern states. The agency also provides accreditation to schools in Latin American and other international locations.
The education programs also feature accreditation from the State Board of Educator Certification and the Texas Education Agency. The State Board for Educator Certification has overseen certification for Texas teachers since 1995. The Texas Education Agency provides licensure for teachers in the state.
Texas A & M University Application Requirements
To be considered a domestic graduate, applicants must:
- Be a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or a current applicant for permanent residency
- Provide proof of permanent residency or application for a permanent residency where applicable
- Have graduated from a Texas high school following three years’ residency high school
- Have a Bachelor’s degree, professional degree, or the equivalent
Prospective students may fill out an application online through the Apply Texas website, which makes the process easy. There is a non-refundable processing fee that McNair Scholars and low-income applicants might have waived.
Transcripts from universities and colleges attended other than Texas A & M are required. Community college transcripts are not necessary for graduate applicants.
Additional documentation that students will need to consider include:
- GRE exam score, preferably from the testing center
- Curriculum Vitae or resume
- Statement of Purpose
- Letters of Recommendation from three individuals familiar with the student’s educational or professional background
Tuition and Financial Aid
Tuition for resident students averages $7,864 for the 2020-2021 school year. Non-resident tuition for the same year averages $17,014. Additional fees that graduate students will need to think about include:
- Housing and meals
- Books and supplies
- Personal expenses
- Loan fees
There are several types of financial aid available that graduate students may take advantage of when studying Behavior Analysis. Some of the aid types include scholarships and grants that do not require repayment, loans paid back after graduation or when enrollment is less than half-time, and part-time jobs that may help with expenses.
Grants that are available include:
- Texas Public Education Grant – This grant is for students with financial need seeking a first degree, with somewhat limited availibility
- Texas Aggie Graduate Grant – This grant is only available during semesters where other types of aid have not been received
- Federal TEACH Grant – The grant is intended for students willing to serve as teachers for four years, teach subjects that have a high demand like special education, and hold a position in an elementary or secondary school serving low-income students
- International Texas Public Education Grant – This grant funds full-time international students who maintain satisfactory academic status seeking a first degree
Graduate students are eligible for Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loans that must be repaid. These loans are dependent on a student’s enrollment status. The Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan has a low-interest rate and allows students to borrow the total attendance cost, less aid already awarded. Alternative, also known as private, loans are available through banks and a student’s credit score may be taken into account. These loans are intended to be used after exhausting state and private financial aid. The university offers short-term loan options for students enrolled five hours during fall and spring, and three hours during the summer. Emergency loans for tuition and fees are available after the signing of a Master Promissory Note.
Scholarships are available both through the school and organizations. Many students find scholarships to be an excellent funding source in addition to grants and loans. Assistantships provide a source of income while in school that does not count against other aid awarded. Employment opportunities may also be found with the assistance of the Student Employment Office.
Texas A & M University offers the options for Behavioral Analysis programs that students seeking educational positions will want to consider.
- 20 Best Online ABA Master’s Degree Programs 2020
- 10 Best ABA PhD Degree Programs 2020
- 10 Best Online ABA Degree Programs (Bachelor’s) 2020
- Top 20 Online Master’s in Educational Psychology 2020
- Top 30 Online Master’s in School Counseling 2020
- 10 Best Online RBT (Registered Behavioral Technician) Training Programs 2020
- 10 Best ABA Master’s Degree Programs 2020
- 10 Best ABA Master’s Degree Programs in the East 2020
- 10 Best ABA Master’s Degree Programs in the West 2020
- 20 Most Affordable Online ABA Graduate Certificate Programs 2020