ABA Degrees Offered at Capella University
Capella University appears in our ranking of the Top 20 Online Master’s in Educational Psychology.
Capella University offers a Graduate Certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis, Master of Science in Psychology with a specialization in Applied Behavior Analysis, and Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology with a specialization in Applied Behavior Analysis. The programs provide the necessary knowledge and skills for the professional Board Certified Behavior Analyst examination.
The Graduate Certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis assists students in expanding their abilities in recognizing and evaluating behavioral issues and making a significant impact in the lives of a diversity of people. The program requires the completion of a total of 40 quarter credits. The ABA courses include Basic Foundations in Applied Behavior Analysis, Ethics in Applied Behavior Analysis, Advanced Concepts in Applied Behavior Analysis, Measurement and Research in Applied Behavior Analysis, Supervision and Management in Applied Behavior Analysis, Behavior Analytic Assessments, Behavior Analytic Interventions, and Applied Behavior Analysis Capstone.
The Master of Science in Psychology with a specialization in Applied Behavior Analysis provides students with the knowledge and tools to impart positive change in the lives of youth, adolescents, and adults with autism and related behavioral conditions. A total of 60 quarter credits are needed to complete the program. The ABA course includes Basic Foundations in Applied Behavior Analysis, Advanced Concepts in Applied Behavior Analysis, Measurement and Research in Applied Behavior Analysis, Ethics in Applied Behavior Analysis, Behavior Analytic Assessments, Supervision and Management in Applied Behavior Analysis, Behavior Analytic Interventions, and Applied Behavior Analysis Capstone. An educational psychology specialization is also offered.
The Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology with a specialization in Applied Behavior Analysis provides students with advanced skills in behavior analysis to prepare them to become research leaders and help people overcome their psychological challenges. Students acquire knowledge of the theoretical foundations of Applied Behavior Analysis. At least 104 quarter credits are needed for completion of the degree. The specialization courses include Single-Subject Research Design Methods, Behaviorism, Experimental Analysis of Behavior, Analysis of Verbal Behavior, Organizational Behavior Management, and Education and Teaching in Applied Behavior Analysis. A dissertation and comprehensive examination are also required.
About Capella University
Capella University is a for-profit, online postsecondary institution that is based out of Minneapolis, Minnesota. Stephen Shank and Dr. Harold Abel founded the school in 1993 as The Graduate School of America. It was started to meet the needs of adult students who needed a flexible format to fit in with their busy work schedules. The Minnesota Higher Education Services Offices approved the school to grant master’s and doctoral degrees in organization and management education, human services, and interdisciplinary studies. In 1997, the school gained accreditation from the Higher Learning Commission. In 1999, the school changed its name to Capella University. In the same year, Capella began offering distance education programs. In 2000, Capella gain approved to grant bachelor’s degrees. The university continued to grow and add new programs and earn professional accreditation from numerous organizations. Today, Capella University is home to more than 37,000. It operates on the quarter-based academic calendar.
Capella University is committed to offering high-quality degree programs to assist students in meeting their professional and personal objectives and reaching their maximum potential. The values of Capella include integrity, innovation, achievement, decisive collaboration, human potential, and its learners. The university offers 53 degree programs with 144 specializations and 44 certificate programs. The School of Business and Technology, School of Education, School of Nursing and Health Sciences, School of Public Service Leadership, School of Counseling and Human Services, and Harold Abel School of Psychology. Within the programs, more than 2,100 courses are available.
Capella University Accreditation Details
The Higher Learning Commission regionally accredits Capella University to grant bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees. The university is also authorized to grant undergraduate and graduate certificates.
Capella University Application Requirements
Undergraduate and Graduate
- Online application for admission
- $50 nonrefundable application fee
- Official high school transcript
- Official transcripts from previously attended institutions of higher learning
- Acknowledgment agreement
- Additional requirements for certain programs such as a written essay, letters of recommendation, and statement of goals
Tuition and Financial Aid
- Tuition varies from $387 to $805 per credit depending on the program
- FlexPath Option: $2,750 for every 12-weeks
- Tuition varies from $357 to $411 per credit depending on the program
- FlexPath Option: $2,500 to $3,200 depending on the program
- Tuition varies from $435 to $805 per credit depending on the program
- FlexPath Option: $2,400 to $2,800 depending on the program
- Tuition varies from $540 to $800 per credit or $4,385 to $4,900 per quarter depending on the program
Capella University is committed to helping students pay for their higher education. It offers scholarships, grants, loans, and work-study options.
- Capella Alumni Scholarships
- Military Scholarships
- Disability Scholarships
- Tech Assessment Scholarships
- Psychology Scholarships
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
- Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant
- Federal Subsidized Direct Loan
- Federal Unsubsidized Direct Loan
- Federal PLUS Loan
- Federal Graduate PLUS Loan
The Federal Work-Study is federally funded to help eligible students pay for their college education. Students must demonstrate significant financial aid on their FAFSA. Those who qualify are able to work part-time up to 20 hours per week while taking classes. The program encourages students to pursue jobs that are related to their course of study or positions that benefit the community. The pay depends on each student’s unique circumstances but is at least the current federal minimum wage.
Programs in Applied Behavior Analysis provide students with a specialized understanding of how to use ABA methods to help a variety of individuals with autism and related conditions to live meaningful lives. The ABA degrees offered by Capella University prepare students for careers in applied behavior analysis and related areas in many different settings, such as medical centers, schools, and rehabilitation facilities.
- 20 Best Online ABA Master’s Degree Programs 2020
- 10 Best ABA PhD Degree Programs 2020
- 10 Best Online ABA Degree Programs (Bachelor’s) 2020
- Top 20 Online Master’s in Educational Psychology 2020
- Top 30 Online Master’s in School Counseling 2020
- 10 Best Online RBT (Registered Behavioral Technician) Training Programs 2020
- 10 Best ABA Master’s Degree Programs 2020
- 10 Best ABA Master’s Degree Programs in the East 2020
- 10 Best ABA Master’s Degree Programs in the West 2020
- 20 Most Affordable Online ABA Graduate Certificate Programs 2020