Applied Behavior Analysis Degrees Offered at Brandman University
Brandman University appears in our ranking of the 20 Most Affordable Online ABA Graduate Certificate Programs
Brandman University offers several different graduate degree options for individuals interested in earning an education in applied behavior analysis or a closely related field. The list below provides details on each of these programs.
- The Educational Specialist (Ed.S.) in School Psychology with a concentration in applied behavior analysis program prepares students for a career in a K-12 school setting. Upon graduation, students will have gained the necessary skills and knowledge to be able to analyze and evaluate children while also being prepared to step in to resolve any behavior issues. The following are a few of the required courses for students to complete this program: Introduction to Applied Behavior Analysis, Supervision and Mentoring in School Psychology, Cognitive and Neuropsychological Assessment for Intervention, Psychoeducational Assessment for Intervention, Advanced Positive Behavioral Supports, Consultation and Indirect Intervention, Teaching Students with Mild/Moderate Disabilities, and more.
- The Ed.S. degree in School Psychology with a concentration in autism integrates a pupil personal services credential (PPSC) along with the knowledge and skills for students to become a school psychologist. The objective of this program is to educate more individuals to make a difference in the lives of autistic children. Upon completion of the program, students will have gained a complete understanding of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and be prepared to begin a career in special education at a K-12 school. The following courses are required to graduate from this program: Introduction to Autism Spectrum Disorders, Assessing Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders, Advanced Counseling and Intervention, Group Leadership and Intervention, Cultural and Community Issues in Counseling and School Psychology, Children and Youth in Developmental Context, and more.
- The Master of Arts (M.A.) in Special Education with a concentration in autism is centered around teaching individuals how to work in the teaching field. Students will learn different methods and techniques that meet the unique and various needs of young students with ASD. By the end of the program, each graduating student will be able to develop practices and ideas to help autistic individuals succeed. Graduates of this program will also have gained a full understanding of the characteristics of autism as well as the neurobiological and cognitive issues that autistic individuals experience. The following are several of the mandatory courses to earn this degree: Leadership and Policy in Special Education, Program Development and Organization in Special Education, Introduction to Autism Spectrum Disorder, Assessing Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders, and more. Before receiving clearance to graduate, students are required to participate in a capstone project that will represent everything they have learned throughout the program.
- The M.A. in Special Education with a concentration in behavior analysis focuses on teaching students to advocate for individuals with disabilities and improve the teaching methods and practices to increase the success rate of students. Before graduating, students will learn how to create tools to collect data, develop behavior change procedures, form ways to evaluate the progress of students, use evidence-based approaches to assess behavior, and fully comprehend the factors that influence behavior changes. The following are some of the courses required by students in this program: Introduction to Applied Behavior Analysis, Research and Evaluation Methods, Advanced Assessment and Program Evaluation in Special Education, Leadership and Policy in Special Education, and more. Before students may graduate, they must participate in a capstone project that combines everything they have learned throughout the program.
- The Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) certificate program is a good option for individuals who desire to earn an education but do not wish to pursue a degree program. This certificate prepares individuals for a career as a behavior analyst. Students who obtain this certificate will possess the knowledge to help others achieve goals, minimize stresses, and improve their quality of life. The following courses are part of the certificate program: The Science and Philosophical Underpinnings of Applied Behavior Analysis, The Foundational Concepts and Principles of Applied Behavior Analysis, Assessment to Guide and Evaluate Intervention in Applied Behavior Analysis, Ethical Behavior and The Compliance Code for Behavior Analysts, and more. The ABA certificate also meets the eligibility requirements for students to be able to take the Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) exam.
About Brandman University
Brandman University is a private university that was established in the year 1958. It is located in Irvine, California, which is less than 45 miles from the city of Los Angeles. This university is a small institution with an undergraduate population of 4,246 and a campus spanning across seven acres of land. According to Niche, Brandman University ranked ninth for the safest college campuses in the United States. With an acceptance rate of 68 percent, this university is considered competitive for individuals to gain admittance.
Brandman University Accreditation Details
Brandman University has received its accreditation from the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC). The WASC stands for Western Association of Schools and Colleges, which is a regional accrediting agency that is responsible for providing accreditation to colleges and universities in its specific region. The WSCUC is acknowledged by the U.S. Department of Education.
The School of Education at Brandman University has received additional accreditation from the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
Brandman University Application Requirements
Individuals applying to the Ed.S. in School Psychology programs must fill out an application form, submit GRE or GMAT scores, turn in college transcripts, write an autobiographical essay, provide a resume, submit two letters of recommendation, and show proof of passing the California Basic Skills Test (CBEST).
The M.A. in Special Education programs require applicants to fill out an application form, submit GRE or GMAT scores, turn in college transcripts, provide two letters of recommendation, submit a resume, and hold a current special education teaching credential or take the EDUU 511 Collaboration for Inclusive Schooling.
To apply to the ABA certificate program, students must fill out an application form, turn in two letters of recommendation, provide a resume, and submit college transcripts.
Tuition and Financial Aid
- The Ed.S. in School Psychology degree programs with concentrations in applied behavior analysis or autism costs $660 per credit.
- The M.A. in Special Education degree programs with concentrations in autism or applied behavior analysis costs $660 per credit.
- The ABA certificate program costs $900 per course, which amounts to $6,300 for the full program.
Brandman University offers the TEACH grant to graduate students enrolled in a program that will lead to a teaching career. Individuals who receive this grant must agree to work as a full-time teacher in an in-demand field in a low-income school for at least four years. The award amount for this scholarship is up to $8,000.
The university also offers an “Inspire Our Future” scholarship. This scholarship is awarded to graduate students who are already teachers or are planning to become teachers. If awarded this scholarship, $500 will be applied to the student’s tuition.
Additionally, Brandman University also provides the Bright Futures Scholarship to graduate students who have demonstrated need for financial assistance. This scholarship can award students with up to $10,000 toward their tuition.
For more information about applied behavior analysis programs, please visit the website of Brandman University.
- 20 Best Online ABA Master’s Degree Programs 2020
- 10 Best ABA PhD Degree Programs 2020
- 10 Best Online ABA Degree Programs (Bachelor’s) 2020
- Top 20 Online Master’s in Educational Psychology 2020
- Top 30 Online Master’s in School Counseling 2020
- 10 Best Online RBT (Registered Behavioral Technician) Training Programs 2020
- 10 Best ABA Master’s Degree Programs 2020
- 10 Best ABA Master’s Degree Programs in the East 2020
- 10 Best ABA Master’s Degree Programs in the West 2020
- 20 Most Affordable Online ABA Graduate Certificate Programs 2020